What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our website?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, geographical information, payment information or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form or enter information on our site.
As you use our website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and usage patterns.
Provide us with feedback on our products or services.
We temporarily collect in logs several types of information that are necessary to protect the security and integrity of the site. These include items such as:
- your IP address and internet service provider
- time and date of your visit
- the type of hardware and software you are using to access our site and capabilities relevant to showing our site’s content
- search terms, the page from which you jumped to our site, and your exit page
- pages you visit on our site
We retain this information only for as long as reasonably necessary. This information is anonymized, aggregated, or masked in such a way that we cannot reasonably identify you from it — or by its nature, it may not provide Personal Information.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection also include cookies. A cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer. We will use this term to include any similar technology.
Our website uses first-party cookies to handle items directly relevant to the operation of this website, such as security, network management, and accessibility. These do not provide us with, or record, Personal Information or items that would identify you personally. These include cookies that:
- record any privacy preferences selected (this requires the setting of a cookie whose only function is to tell the site not to place other cookies)
- record any accessibility preferences selected
The site does not allow you to block these cookies because they are essential for the operation of the site or for legal compliance. These expire when you close your browser window and may be set again on your next visit.
You can disable or block essential cookies via the settings in your browser, using the “Block all Cookies” or similar feature. You can delete essential cookies that have already been set by using the “clear” or “delete” cookies function of your browser. If you block or delete essential cookies, the functionality or usability of the site may be impacted. If you wish to erase cookies that have already been set, you can clear them from your browser.
If you enter a payment into Stripe, we receive confirmation that you have made a payment, which includes your name, email, and payment identification. We store that information in our SalesForce system (see below).
Cookies are only set by Stripe when you click the deposit link and are redirected to their site. If you do click the link, you can opt-out using the “block all cookies” function from your web browser (and deleting any that have been set); however, doing this before finishing a Stripe transaction could cause that transaction to fail.
The information we receive from Google Analytics cookies is anonymized or aggregated and does not identify you personally, although Google may create an pseudonymized ID that that allows Google analytics to tell if you are a return visitor to our site. This is typically stored in a cookie.
You can opt-out of these analytics cookies and tools in two ways:
- You can “block all cookies” from your web browser (and delete any that have been set).
- You can prevent Google Analytics from recognizing you on return visits to our website by using Google Analytics’ Opt-out Browser Add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/. This, according to Google, prevents Google Analytics tracking repeat visitors regardless of whether it is done using a cookie or another technology.
Unsubscribing from Email
If you wish to unsubscribe from promotional email, please use the "unsubscribe," "manage your preferences," or similar link provided at the bottom of email. We will remove you from the relevant mailing list(s) or campaigns(s) as soon as reasonably possible. Occasionally, there may be a time lag between your unsubscribing to a list or campaign and the discontinuance.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
- To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries).